New to dMASS? Here are a few things to get you started: 2010 Highlights: Why dMASS, why now This article puts dMASS in the context of what's happening in business, design, and sustainability, and introduces some fundamental concepts.
Some big picture thoughts:
- The road to sustainability is paved with less mass
- Pollution and resources are the same
- Where is the economy?
- What is wealth?
Some key dMASS ideas:
- Performance vs. efficiency: dMASS thinking for better design A post that explains the importance of looking at things from the standpoint of function or benefits
- The elusive, universal metric You get what you measure; using dMASS thinking, we can measure in a way that aligns environmental and business performance.
- Leveraging intellect to create business value Human know-how is our one truly unlimited resource
A trio of posts on design:
- You don't make widgets: why design is about function, not things
- Putting the economy on a diet? It's value, not just amount that matters
- Designing to eliminate mass for competitive advantage - where we are headed
- Defining dMASS A quick dictionary entry on the meaning of the word dMASS.
- Why dMASS? This page will give you some general background about the impetus behind dMASS and why the ideas and tools are so important.
You can also explore our categories to see great posts on business strategy, dMASS examples and more.